Perfect Poached Egg Avocado Toast
A perfect lunch to hit the spot with protein one layer of toast and delicious slices of avocado, adding the red pepper flakes for a spicy hint
Write a review
- 2 slices Trader Joe's whole wheat sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- pistachio oil
- Begin by toasting the bread on either side. I do not have a toaster so use a cast iron skillet and coat the sides of the bread by spraying some Pam liberally.
- Heat water in a large deep skillet and add 1 Tblsp vinegar to the water so the poached egg remains intact.
- When the bread is well toasted, drop the 4 eggs into the skillet with the vinegar water, the temperature should be a very very low rolling simmer (4 or 3 on a gas stovetop). Set the timer for 3 minutes.
- Slice the avocado - half of the avocado will be used on each toast.
- When the timer is about to go, remote the toast from the skillet, layer the avocado on each toast. Using a slotted spoon, extract each poached egg and place 2 on top of each toast. Drain excess water via the slotted spoon so the toast does not get soggy.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes and sea salt over the toast. Drizzle with pistachio oil.
- Serve warm.